Skip to main content


Search Royal Holloway

Finding the right place to live

Heading to university is exciting. Finding the right place to live will get you off to a good start. There are lots of options for you, both on and off campus so you can find a place that’s ideal for every stage of your studies.


Undergraduate halls

In halls you’ll meet your fellow students, make friends and get into university life. We have a fantastic range of accommodation to suit a range of preferences and budgets. All new undergraduate students who firmly accept their offer to study at Royal Holloway and apply for accommodation before our deadlines are guaranteed a place in halls.

Postgraduate halls

Staying in halls will keep you connected to wider university life, while helping you make friends with students at a similar stage of study.

More information

Click on the links below to find out more information about our accommodation.

Accommodation fees and contract dates

Find out about the contract dates and fees for each Hall band.

Accommodation policies, terms and conditions 

Whilst you’re living in Halls, we want to make sure that it’s a pleasant and safe experience for everyone. It’s really important that you read the terms and conditions before you accept your accommodation offer.

Halls of Residence for other programmes

If you're looking for accommodation for students on the Study Abroad, International Foundation Year, International Exchange, Erasmus or Pre-sessional English Language Programme.

Intercollegiate accommodation

Royal Holloway has access to small number of rooms in intercollegiate halls of residence in central London that is available to postgraduate students only.

Private Sector accommodation

The Students' Union run a Housesearch tool, offers a great starting point if you're looking for accommodation in the private sector.

Student accommodation at the Royal Holloway International Study Centre
If you're an international student studying a university preparation
programme, you can choose to live in University-managed
accommodation or arrange your own rental accommodation.
Find out more about the accommodation options available and how to
book your room at the Royal Holloway International Study Centre.

Explore Royal Holloway