Whilst you’re living in Halls, we want to make sure that it’s a pleasant and safe experience for everyone. It’s really important that you read the terms and conditions before you accept your accommodation offer.
There’s also a handy guide to Living in Halls.
Terms and Conditions
- Terms and Conditions 2021/22 (updated 8 April 2021)
- Terms and Conditions 2022/23 (to be published spring 2022)
Accommodation Allocation Policy
- Student Accommodation Allocation Policy 2021/22 (updated 10 March 2021)
- Student Accommodation Allocation Policy 2022/23 (to be published spring 2022)
Moving or Swapping Rooms
- Moving or Swapping Rooms 2021/22 Guidance (added 10 March 2021)
- Moving, Swapping Rooms and Contract Transfers Guidance 2022/23 (to be published spring 2022)
- Please read the Fire Regulations on your bedroom door as soon as you move in.
- You must keep the fire doors closed.
- Cooking is only allowed in the kitchens and pantries. Smoke and steam will set off the alarms in the bedrooms.
- You must evacuate the building if you hear the alarm.
- There is no smoking anywhere in the Halls of Residence.
- Misuse of fire equipment or fire alarms is a criminal offence and will lead to disciplinary action including fines of £500 and/or leaving the Halls of Residence.
- We’ll test the fire alarm every week and there’s a fire drill once a year.