Skip to main content

Optional Placement Year

Search Royal Holloway

Optional Placement Year

Studying abroad, work placement or voluntary work

We’re committed to providing each individual with chances to develop in whatever way is most meaningful to you. All undergraduates starting with us in 2019 onwards have the opportunity to apply to take a Placement Year, which will contribute to your experience and add even more value to your studies.

Our flexible degree courses enable you to apply to take a Placement Year, which can be spent studying abroad, working or carrying out voluntary work. You can even do all three if you want to! If you choose to do more than one, each type should last for a minimum of three months.

You take the year out after your second year (or third year if you are on an MSci or MEng course).

Explore Royal Holloway