With almost a third of our students joining us from outside the UK, and alumni in 165 countries around the world, we are proud to be one of the most international universities in the UK.
Whoever you are and wherever you are from, our dedicated International Student Recruitment team are here to help you with any questions you have about applying to, and studying at, Royal Holloway. Find out who is responsible for your country/region and get in touch today here.
As we approach the start of the 2021/22 academic year, please visit our Coronavirus Applicant FAQs for the latest news and updates for current applicants.
We have shortlisted our most frequently asked questions from international applicants below:
- I live outside of the UK and don’t know if I will be able to come to campus in September 2021. What do I do?
- I am an international student and will be travelling from overseas to begin my course. Can I get any financial assistance with the costs of COVID travel tests and/or quarantine?
- I will be starting my course in September 2021, what does this mean for the visa application process?
- What happens if, when I arrive on campus, the UK goes back into lockdown?
- What will the academic year starting September 2021 be like?
To find out what qualifications we accept from your country, please visit our find your country/region pages.
If you do not quite meet our requirements for undergraduate or postgraduate study, our International Study Centre offers a range of foundation programmes to help you progress onto your desired course at Royal Holloway.