The field of Information Security has grown up very rapidly in recent years. The subject embraces a wide range of issues, including security management, digital forensics, human aspects, cybercrime and security testing.
The Information Security Group at Royal Holloway launched its flagship MSc Information Security masters degree degree in 1992, which was the first such programme in the world. Since then over 4,000 students from more than 100 countries have graduated from Royal Holloway. Our MSc course has received Full Certification from GCHQ, and is taught by academic and industry experts.
The ISG currently supports the following programmes:
- MSc in Information Security (on campus)
- MSc in Information Security with Year in Industry (on campus)
- MSc / PGDip / PG Cert in Cyber Security (Distance Learning with University of London)
- PhD in Information Security, including the Centre for Doctoral Training in Cyber Security
- BSc in Computer Science (Information Security) / MSci programme - run in conjunction with the Department of Computer Science.
- Short Courses in Information Security (for Companies)
The ISG previously offered a distance learning version of the MSc in Information Security. This programme is still supported for currently enrolled students and is not accepting new applications.
Want to know how it is to study with us? Check out the following video