There are opportunities to undertake internships, helping you prepare for the move into your career of choice, once you’ve graduated. Past examples:
- Research at the University of Kiel in Germany
- Work experience at a gold and silver mining company in Eastern Kazakhstan
- A field project in Shetland Isles
- A placement at Caledonia Mining in Zambia and Zimbabwe
- Research projects at the University of New South Wales, Sydney
- An internship at EGI Utah Universities institute in Bratislava, Slovakia.
Intern @ ERCE Energy
Involvement in the company weekly meetings allowed me to understand how a company coordinates projects and keep other members up-to-date with current progress. Working on updating the companies’ database allowed me to gain an understanding on all the different types of projects and locations within a short period of time.
Intern @ WYG
The highlights from the placement included gaining knowledge into business development. This included networking, research into new sectors/clients and looking at key account management plans. I also gained an understanding of mapping data using google maps to present sites. As well as this I was also able to gain an insight into project work by reviewing reports and helping contribute towards presentations that would be used in conferences by the company.