The British Sedimentological Research Group (BSRG) Annual General Meeting
The 58th British Sedimentological Research Group AGM is being held at Royal Holloway University of London
13-17 December 2019.
The meeting features an extensive academic and social programme and provides a chance to meet other researchers and industry contacts.
The talk and poster sessions provide an excellent opportunity to advertise research to a captive audience and catch up on UK sedimentology research activity.
The BSRG has dynamic communication pathways to well over one thousand sedimentologists and stratigraphers in the UK, Europe, and beyond.
Conference Venue: Windsor Building Conference Centre
Keynote speakers, scientific sessions and other details will be provided in August.
Proposed courses and workshops:
• Uses of a carbonate-evaporite core and how to log one, by Trevor Burchette (RHUL / CRG Ltd)
• Provenance, by Amy Gough (RHUL)
• Marine sedimentary processes & products, by F.J. Hernández-Molina (RHUL), Domenico Chiarella (RHUL) & Jon Rotzien (Basin Dynamics, USA)
• Ancient tides, by Dave Waltham (RHUL) & Mattias Green (Bangor Univ., UK)
• Application of ichnology in sedimentary basin research, by F. Javier Rodríguez- Tovar (Univ. Granada, Spain) & Javier Dorador (RHUL)
A journey from continental to marine in clastic sedimentology.
Leader: Dan Le Heron (Univ. Vienna, Austria)
Syn-rift lacustrine carbonates: cycles, microbial mounds & brackish-hypersaline facies.
Purbeck, Wessex Basin UK.
Leaders: Dan Bosence (RHUL) & Arnaud Gallois (CGG, UK)
July - 2nd Circular
August - Opening date for registrations
November - Abstract deadline
December - 3rd circular & 58th BSRG AGM
F. Javier Hernández-Molina, Domenico Chiarella, Amy Gough, Nicola Scarselli & Dan Bosence