Due to staff shortages the Archives are currently operating a reduced service from Wednesday 5th February 2020. The reading room opening hours will be Wednesday 9:30-1:00 and 2:00-4:30. Anybody wishing to use the archives should email firstname.lastname@example.org with any enquiries. We will endeavour to respond within 10 working days.
Our online catalogue
Take a look at our archives and special collections. Our online catalogue is available here.
Our reading room
- On your first visit, we will ask you to complete a registration form and show some official identification, e.g. driving licence or student card.
- We will ask you to sign the reading room log on each visit.
- To help preserve our archives, we will also ask you to leave all personal possessions (coat, bags, laptop cases and files etc) in our coin-operated lockers. No food, drink or pens are allowed in the reading room. You can use a pencil or laptop to make notes.
- If you are travelling by car, please supply us with your car registration number at least five working days before your visit so we can book you a car parking space.
How to find us
- We are located on the lower ground floor of the Davison Building.
- See our campus map.
Facilities and services
- Our catalogues are available online. Please contact us if you need any help.
- Printed catalogues and a selection of reference books are available in the Reading Room. These are not for loan but there are copies to borrow in RHUL libraries, or you could try an inter-library loan service.
- To use any of our images or text in publications, exhibitions etc please contact us.
Information on how Archives and Special Collections collections and uses personal information can be found in our Privacy notice.
Call us on +44 (0)1784 443814
Email us at email@example.com
Write to us at:
College Archives and Special Collections
Royal Holloway, University of London