Our online catalogue
Take a look at our archives and special collections. Our online catalogue is available here.
- We can answer brief enquiries (about 30 minutes’ research time) by phone or email, advise on our collections and suggest other archives you might want to contact.
- For more in-depth research, you will need to come to the reading room yourself, pay for us to research for you (via our online shop) or contact a freelance researcher. You can find a list of researchers on the National Archives website.
Our reading room
- Our reading room is open by prior appointment only, Wednesday to Friday, 9.30am to 1pm and 2pm to 4.30pm.
- Please contact us in advance of your visit, preferably giving us at least a week’s notice. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our archivist on +44 (0)1784 443814.
- On your first visit, we will ask you to complete a registration form and show some official identification, e.g. driving licence or student card.
- We will ask you to sign the reading room log on each visit.
- To help preserve our archives, we will also ask you to leave all personal possessions (coat, bags, laptop cases and files etc) in our coin-operated lockers. No food, drink or pens are allowed in the reading room. You can use a pencil or laptop to make notes.
- If you are travelling by car, please supply us with your car registration number at least five working days before your visit so we can book you a car parking space.
How to find us
- We are located on the lower ground floor of the Davison Building.
- See our campus map.
Facilities and services
- Our catalogues are available online with a guide on searching. Please contact us if you need any help.
- Printed catalogues and a selection of reference books are available in the Reading Room. These are not for loan but there are copies to borrow in RHUL libraries, or you could try an inter-library loan service.
- The archivist is usually on hand to assist, fetch documents and advise on further sources.
- There are toilets in the Founder’s Building close to the archive reading room, and a shop, bank ATM and various food outlets are available on campus.
- To use any of our images or text in publications, exhibitions etc please contact us.
Our archivist is Harriet Costelloe.
Call us on +44 (0)1784 443814
Email us at email@example.com
Write to us at:
College Archives and Special Collections
Royal Holloway, University of London