Skip to main content

South Korea

South Korea

Royal Holloway has a long history of welcoming students from South Korea to study at the university, as well as an excellent partnership with Korea University.

We currently have about 25 students from South Korea studying a range of different programmes.

Royal Holloway is also located just 30 minutes from 'Korea Town' in the UK. New Malden has one of the largest Korean communities outside of South Korea, and is the perfect place to find anything you are missing from home.

The Regional Manager responsible for South Korea is Sam Gibson. For further information or assistance with making an application please contact

Sam visits South Korea regularly throughout the year, so please contact him to request a meeting or find out when he will be attending events near you.

The qualifications we accept

Applicants to Royal Holloway come from a diverse range of backgrounds and we accept a broad range of qualifications to our courses. Each applicant is considered carefully on their individual merits, but please see below for the standard minimum entry requirements for students from South Korea.

High School Diploma

If you have completed a High School Diploma in South Korea you will need to take our one year International Foundation Year or International Year One programme, or the equivalent from another institution, before beginning your undergraduate studies.

A levels & International Baccalaureate (IB)

If you have taken A levels or the IB Diploma you will be considered for direct entry onto our undergraduate programmes. Specific grade requirements can be found in the course finder entry for your chosen course.

University preparation programmes

The Royal Holloway International Study Centre provides an International Foundation Year and International Year One programme, which are designed for international students who do not quite meet the requirements for an undergraduate course. These programmes will help to develop your academic and English language skills in preparation for university. Upon successful completion, you can progress to degree level study at Royal Holloway, University of London.

Haksa (Bachelor) Degree

If you have a Haksa degree (Bachelor) in an appropriate subject and your grades/GPA are good, you will be considered for entry to a Royal Holloway Master's degree programme. Exact requirements will depend upon the programme and your grading scheme.

Most departments will ask for either 3 or 3.25/4.5, 2.9 or 3.1/4.3 or 2.8 or 3.0/4.

Please contact Sam Gibson ( directly to confirm your exact requirements.

If you have successfully completed a Suksa degree you may be considered for entry to a Royal Holloway MPhil/PhD programme.

To apply to any of our courses, you need to prove a minimum level of English language proficiency.

Students who do not quite make the English language requirements may be able to take a pre-sessional English language programme.

Undergraduate students applications are made online via UCAS.

Postgraduate applications are made on our website using the online application form.

If you are applying to a University preparation course apply to Royal Holloway directly. There is more application information in the Studying Here section of the Royal Holloway website.

You could be eligible for a scholarship. Find out about undergraduate scholarships here and go here to find out here if you are eligible for a postgraduate scholarship.

If you are considering postgraduate study at Royal Holloway, there may be external funding available to you.

Royal Holloway has a number of permanent representatives in South Korea

Tel: +82 2 2052 1221

EDM Education
Tel: +82 2 562 1278

Tel: +82 2-550-0303

IAE Edu Net
Tel: +82 2 3481 1217

We welcome a number of Korean students on study abroad and exchange programmes. We have a long established relationship with Korea University.

Please see our partnerships page for a full list of our international partners

The British Council In South Korea provides comprehensive advice on many aspects of studying in Britain

The Korean Embassy in London

UKCISA promotes and protects the needs of international students in the UK

Find out more about Royal Holloway

Explore Royal Holloway

Get help paying for your studies at Royal Holloway through a range of scholarships and bursaries.

There are lots of exciting ways to get involved at Royal Holloway. Discover new interests and enjoy existing ones

Heading to university is exciting. Finding the right place to live will get you off to a good start

Whether you need support with your health or practical advice on budgeting or finding part-time work, we can help

Discover more about our 21 departments and schools

Find out why Royal Holloway is in the top 25% of UK universities for research rated ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’

They say the two most important days of your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why

Discover world-class research at Royal Holloway

Discover more about who we are today, and our vision for the future

Royal Holloway began as two pioneering colleges for the education of women in the 19th century, and their spirit lives on today

We’ve played a role in thousands of careers, some of them particularly remarkable

Find about our decision-making processes and the people who lead and manage Royal Holloway today