The Department of Psychology's experimental work is supported by a range of research facilities. Principal investigators and their groups are supported by state-of-the-art facilities including our own MRI scanner, which allows us to measure brain activity during various tasks.
We also have:
- closed circuit TV and video systems for discreet observation of behaviour
- technology for tracking eye movements
- systems for tracking body movements in very young children and adults
- the ability to create virtual reality environments.
Neuroimaging and Electropsychology facilities
- Siemens Trio Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Scanner (3 Tesla). We were the first psychology department in the UK to host an on-site MRI scanner. For more information, see the CUBIC website.
- Range of MRI-compatible equipment (response boxes, microphone, eye tracker)
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (Magstim Rapid 2)
- Electroencephalography equipment.
Eye tracking and Psychophysics facilities
- IR Eye Tracker (Eyelink 2 & 3)
- Video Eye Tracker (CRS Ltd.)
- Psychophysics Graphics Systems (VSG I, II, Visage)
- Tobii Eye Tracker
- SR 1000 Remote Eye & Head Tracker
- 6 Camera Vicon 3D motion tracking system
- Large FoV immersive, fixed platform, city centre driving simulator
- Portable platforms for measuring seated/standing CoP
- Virtual Environment generation software.
Language and cognition facilities
- Psycholinguistics computer laboratory
- Sound-proof chamber
- Speech recording equipment
- Electropalatography studio
The Royal Holloway Baby Lab is a research facility in the Department of Psychology. We study the development of cognitive abilities during infancy, including memory and thinking. We invite you and your baby to help us explore this exciting period of development.
Virtual Reality lab
The Virtual Reality lab opened in the Psychology department in 2019. It is a multi-disciplinary space that is open to Psychology, Computer Science and Electronic Engineering. The lab is equipped with Oculus and HTC Vive headsets, which are eye-tracking enabled using Tobii technology. For a full list of equipment and software click here.
To visit our website please click here.