Our researchers have been very active discussing aspects of their research across a range of media recently. Catch up online by following the links below.
Screenshot of the homepage for 'Art of Now'
In July, Professor Sarah Wright was part of an expert panel discussing the work of the Spanish author Federico Garcia Lorca with broadcaster Melvyn Bragg, on the BBC Radio 4 show 'In Our Time':
Professor Hannah Thompson was interviewed for another BBC Radio 4 programme, 'Art of Now', on the theme of hands the sense of touch:
Dr Jon Hughes discusses sport and politics in the context of the career of the German boxer Max Schmeling in the latest episode of the British Society of Sports History podcast 'Sport in History'. You can stream the episode here, or access it via the Podcasts apps for Apple or Android:
Dr Stefano Jossa has been very busy this year promoting his latest book La piu` bella del mondo. Perche' amare la lingua italiana (Torino: Einaudi, 2018), which has been widely discussed and debated in Italy. In addition to a number of talks and presentations in the UK, Ireland and Italy, Stefano has made a number of appearances in the Italian-speaking media, including the following:
- a radio interview for LondonONEradio, Oct 11, 2018: https://www.spreaker.com/user/londonair/londononeradio_2320
- a TV interview on the Italian national network Rai 3, Oct 19, 2018 (Stefano is interviewed at approx. 53 minutes): http://www.rai.it/dl/RaiTV/programmi/media/ContentItem-34968445-6e30-4dcf-b00e-fdaf1bb60709-tg3.html
- a radio interview on the Swiss national network Rete 2, Nov 30, 2018: https://www.rsi.ch/rete-due/programmi/cultura/attualita-culturale/La-pi%C3%B9-bella-11052453.html
- a radio interview on the Italian national network Radio 3, Jan 27, 2019: https://www.raiplayradio.it/audio/2019/01/LA-LINGUA-BATTE---La-bellezza-contro-laposinferno--6752d5b2-83a4-43cc-b543-fadcbecb52c4.html
- a TV interview on the Italian national network Rai 1, Mar 9, 2019