The results of the National Student Survey 2022 have been published, and confirm high levels of satisfaction among students in the Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures.
NSS (National Student Survey) logo
We are delighted to see that:
- 96% of students of French and 90% of students of German agreed that they were satisfied overall with their course.
The results also confirm the quality of our teaching, course design, and student support:
- 98% of students of French, 95% of students of German, and 90% of students of Spanish (Iberian Studies) agreed that staff were good at explaining things.
- 98% of students of French and 95% of students of German agreed that staff have made the subject interesting.
- 96% of students of French agreed that their course was intellectually stimulating.
- 90% of students of German agreed that they had been able to contact staff when they needed to.
- 89% of respondents under ‘Other subjects in language and area studies’ (covering the other degree subjects we offer) agreed that their course had provided them with the opportunities to explore idea or concepts in depth.
This strong set of results, following from the confirmation of our research excellence in the recent REF results, confirms our position as one of the outstanding places to study languages in the UK.