A degree for high fliers
With so many of our students graduating with good degrees in such a prestigious internationally-recognised subject area, CLC is ideal for careers in publishing, management, marketing, media, arts administration broadcasting, fashion, international management, the civil service, accountancy and teaching.
Our most recent graduates have already launched careers in Content Writing, Photographic Editorial, Journalism, Marketing, Sales, Publishing, Film and Retail Buying. Others have gone on to do Postgraduate degrees, such as our MA by Research in Comparative Literature and Culture, MA in Creative Writing, MA Cultural Criticism (Amsterdam), MA Fine Art (Courtauld Institute).
We collaborate closely with the Careers and Employability Service, and our students enjoy one-to-one advice from our subject consultant. As well as a variety of talks, surgeries and workshops the Careers Service offers tailored support for CLC students including running a micro-placement work scheme with a range of employers for second-year CLC students to offer them the opportunity to hone their skills for securing jobs and to acquire real work experience and themed ‘industry’ weeks e.g. ‘Creative Careers’.
Gain a critical edge in the global marketplace
- adaptability and flexibility.
- critical and creative thinking skills.
- an ability to analyse closely and think broadly.
- oral and written communication skills.
- leadership and teamwork skills.
- experience in the arts of debate and persuasion.
- research and analytical skills.
- a real passion for, and the ability to engage with culture in its broadest sense.
- cultural and global awareness.