Placements and Industry links
Your future career is important to us. Whilst studying start to build your professional network and achieve competitive advantage in an employment market that values work-ready graduates
Many students choose to pursue summer internships or placements in order to have an opportunity to undertake practical experience in an economics related career. Increasingly employers are looking for graduates with practical experience as well as academic achievements. Internships and placements offer the perfect opportunity to gain this kind of experience whilst still studying.
Internships and placements offer a valuable opportunity for you to:
- develop professionalism and increase confidence
- apply concepts and theoretical knowledge to actual business situations
- discover your own strengths and preferences
- develop 'soft skills', such as teamwork, communication, time management,
problem solving and leadership
- explore your career options whilst networking
- enhance your CV and be noticed
The Department participates in the Santander Internships programme for Royal Holloway.
Find your Economics course
There are no results that match your criteria.
"... the key thing when going for a job is to tailor your application to the requirements of the employer. It’s not about what they can do for you, it’s what you can do for them."
Alumnus, Robbie Gibbs
Programme Editor, BBC