We seek to train our students to apply economic models and methods in the real world, where it really matters.
What do our students say about us? Take a look at the video below to hear from our previous students about their Royal Holloway experience.
Why study here?
As a department, we prioritise both teaching excellence with a high research output, setting us apart from the majority of institutions which tend to place their emphasis on one or the other. In terms of courses, we offer a variety of high-quality undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses, all awarded by the University of London.
- Staff recruited from preeminent UK and international universities
- Dual research and teaching focus - being part of a research-led department you will learn from academics who are at the frontiers of their subjects
- During your studies you will be assigned a personal advisor from among our academics who will provide you with extra academic support and guidance
- Cutting-edge resources include an Express Lab and Bloomberg Financial database
- Focus on your future with short employability modules built into all three years of study for undergraduate students
- Top 10 UK Economics department (THE, REF institutions ranked by subject, 2014)
- 93% of our graduates are employed or go on to further study within six months of graduating (Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education, 2018)
- Royal Holloway Economics graduates earn 40% more than the average graduate (All subjects and institutions, IFS, 2018)