Why choose Economics at Royal Holloway?
Student Satisfaction and World-Class Research Combined
Students who join Economics at RHUL benefit from a dual focus on high-quality teaching and research, delivered by academics who are at the frontiers of their subject!
We are one of just a small number of Economics departments in the UK to combine a high degree of student satisfaction (84% overall satisfaction in the 2022 National Student Survey) with international excellence in research (98% of research outputs graded as either world-leading 4* or internationally excellent 3* in the 2021 Research Excellence Framework assessment).
Skills, employability and state-of-the-art facilities
Students who join Economics at RHUL also benefit from employability training, opportunities for workplace experience, sought-after skills, and personal support!
We focus on creating the best possible opportunities for our students’ future careers
- Students in all years of study benefit from dedicated employability modules
- Our Year-in-Business placement scheme provides opportunities for workplace experience
- All students are assigned a personal advisor from among our academics who will provide you with extra academic support and guidance
- Training tailored to support students to gain certified software skills
What our students say
What do our students say about us? Here some of our previous students share their Royal Holloway experience.
- 84% overall student satisfaction (NSS, 2022)
- Top 10 UK Economics department for research output quality (REF 2021)
- 93% of our graduates are employed or go on to further study within six months of graduating (Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education, 2018)
- Royal Holloway Economics graduates earn 40% more than the average graduate (All subjects and institutions, IFS, 2018)