Insanity Radio is run, operated and presented by students from a brand new studio in the Students' Union.
Insanity broadcasts on AM, FM and online 24 hours a day, with presenters in the studio from 8am until 2am every day during term time.
The station takes its name from the Holloway Sanitorium, founded by Thomas Holloway, along with the College that became Royal Holloway.
Insanity prides itself on being non-commercial and for serving the student body and local community with chart and chat, new music, news and specialist music shows.
As well as the hundreds of students who present on Insanity, we have a large team working behind the scenes making everything happen, such as marketing, promotions, programming, web development, broadcast engineering, music, production and news – so you’ll have plenty of opportunities to get involved!
Are you a student who wants to present a show on Insanity? Maybe you want to help run the station? You can get in touch using the contact information on the website or visit the Insanity studio, which is part of the Student Unions' Media Suite.
You can also take a position in one of the various teams and departments of Insanity where you can help by presenting shows, researching material, making posters and decorations for events, choosing and uploading new music to our system or even by helping in the day-to-day technical challenges that go with running any radio station.
If you're interested in helping, email the station management.
Insanity doesn't like to brag, we let the awards do the talking for us!
Student Radio Awards
- 2011 Gold - Best Technical Achievement
- 2008 Silver - Best Marketing and Promotions
- 2006 Silver - Best Male Presenter
- 2005 Silver - Best Student Radio Station
- 2004 Bronze - Off-Air Promotions and Imaging
- 2002 Winner - Best Marketing and Promotions
- 2001 Winner - Best Female (Natasha Sims)
- 2001 Winner - Best Marketing and Promotions
- 2000 Winner - Best Marketing and Promotions
- 1999 Winner - Best Marketing and Promotions.