TeacherHub>English is our initiative for KS5 English Literature teachers providing:
- Contemporary resources for teaching A-Level texts
- Community and connection
- Inspiration, collaboration and CPD
Just visit our English Teacher Hub for over thirty resources on books that are required reading for OCR, Excel and AQA A-levels. These resources will give your students insights into you reading and help them to prepare for university study. The titles include:
- 'Never let me go' - Kazuo Ishiguro
- 'The Bloody Chamber' - Angela Carter
- 'King Lear' - William Shakespeare
- 'The Age of Innocence' - Edith Wharton
- 'Frankenstein' - Mary Shelley
For more information, email: TeacherHub.English@royalholloway.ac.uk
What you should know about Studying English Literature or Creative Writing at University
When: Thursday 25 March 2021 16.00-18.00
Are you interested in studying English Literature or Creative Writing at University? Interested in hearing what it is like from a current student? And wondering what your career might look like as an English Literature or Creative Writing graduate? Then this webinar is for you. During the session you will hear from students and lecturers from Royal Holloway and Reading from English Literature and Creative Writing:
- Why studying Literature and Creative Writing is important
- What to expect in the first year of study, what you might study, how you’ll study and how you may be assessed
- What to consider when looking and applying to university
- The daily life of a student
- Advantages of taking the subject further
- How you can apply the skills learnt from a Literature or Creative degree to your career.
- We will be touching on some aspects of your current study, such as Unseen Texts and reading critics.
To register, please click here.
Royal Holloway student, Hattie, created a blog, ‘how-2-revise’ designed to give support, advice and handy articles on studying for your A-Levels.