Cash award of £3,500 per year for three years of study for a student from the UK studying a selected English or History degree.
One scholarship is available to a new undergraduate student with Home fee status with outstanding academic potential and in financial need.
Am I eligible?
- Offer to study an undergraduate degree in one of the following academic departments:
- Biological Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Achieved, or expected to achieve, A-Levels of AAA or equivalent.
- Family income of less than £25,000, as verified by the Student Loans Company.
- Applied for, or intention to apply, for Student Finance.
How do I apply?
Scholarship applications for 2024 entry will open later this year.
You will need to write a scholarship statement of no more than 400 words, which should include:
- academic achievements you are particularly proud of and why these really matter to you
- why you have chosen to do the degree you have applied for
- what your future aspirations are and how the scholarship will help you to achieve your future goals.
- that you have applied/or intend to apply for Student Finance
- that your household income is less than £25,000
Your application will be scored based on how effectively your statement answers the above.
Applications which exceed the word count will automatically be rejected.
Terms and conditions
You will need to give permission to the SLC to share your household income information and details of your maintenance loan application with Royal Holloway.
Read our full terms and conditions.