We use cookies on this site. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Close this message Find out more

Home > Study here > Postgraduate > Fees and funding > Financial support for postgraduate students
More in this section Fees and funding

Financial support for postgraduate students

At Royal Holloway, we know that managing your finances can be a difficult part of being a student.

That's why we'll do all we can to help you out to make sure that your time with us is as stress-free as possible.

Student financial advice

The Student Finance and Funding Advisers, based in Support and Advisory Services, are available if you find yourself in financial difficulty. 

They will offer you advice on financial matters such as how to stick to a budgetwhile you study.

Principal's loan fund

We can provide you with up to £500 if you're facing financial difficulty and waiting for external funds, funds from parents or money from abroad. 

This is an interest-free loan which is repaid by an agreed date.

Working while you study

Many of you will take a part-time job to supplement your income while at university.

However, postgraduate courses can be very demanding, meaning you may only have time to work over holiday periods or in your final term.

If you would like to help pay your way through university, we offer a number of job vacancies to students on campus and also work with employers in the local area to make sure you're aware of the jobs available.

Our Careers Service provides details about employment through an online job shop. The Careers team has good links with employers and a dedicated resource centre offering a wide range of advice about seeking and applying for employment. 

There are also many opportunities for part-time and vacation work on campus. The Students’ Union employs students to work in bars and catering outlets, or as security staff, function technicians, DJs, drivers etc. Students are also employed in areas such as the Library, student residences, catering services and central administration. You can see a range of on-campus and local employment opportunities at the Part-time Jobs fair in October and January every year.

Please be aware that according to Royal Holloway regulations, full-time students can work no more than 20 hours per week during term-time. International students are able to work up to 20 hours per week during term-time and full-time in the vacations. Further information is available from the International Student Support Office.

Contact us





+44 (0)1784 276109



Comment on this page

Did you find the information you were looking for? Is there a broken link or content that needs updating? Let us know so we can improve the page.

Note: If you need further information or have a question that cannot be satisfied by this page, please call our switchboard on +44 (0)1784 434455.

This window will close when you submit your comment.

Add Your Feedback