We use cookies on this site. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Close this message Find out more

Home > Study here > Postgraduate > Applying > Who has to pay a deposit and what are the deadlines?
More in this section FAQ articles

Who has to pay a deposit and what are the deadlines?

Who has to pay a deposit and what are the deadlines?

Undergraduate - International applicants

International applicants for 2018/19 entry who require a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) letter are required to pay a deposit of £2,000 by 31 July 2018.  

Postgraduate taught and research students

International applicants for 2018/19 entry who need a CAS letter are required to pay a deposit of £2,000 by 30 June 2018.

In addition, applicants to the following programmes have to pay an programme acceptance deposit of £1,000 (International) and £400 (Home/EU) by the deadline stated in their offer letter, in order to secure their place:

  • MSc International Management
  • MSc International Management (Marketing)
  • MSc Petroleum Geoscience
  • MSc Business Information Systems
  • MA International Television Industries
  • MA Producing Film and Television
  • MSc Clinical Psychology

Should the early acceptance deposit not be received by the deadline given in the offer letter, the application may be withdrawn.  

Applicants who are being sponsored can negotiate an extension to the deposit deadline if they are unable to get a letter from their sponsor in time to meet the deadline.  Please contact the Admissions team

Sponsored applicants

Where a student is having their tuition fees paid by a sponsor, the sponsor must provide a letter containing the following information:

  • The name of the applicant.
  • The name of the programme to be studied at Royal Holloway.
  • The amount of the sponsorship i.e. the full course fee.
  • The period of sponsorship i.e for how many years.
  • The name and address or email address to which the invoice should be sent.

This letter should be received by the deposit deadline stated in the offer letter, where applicable.

International students:

It is strongly recommended that for the purposes of securing a Tier 4 student visa, you pay 50 per cent of your tuition fee as a first payment to the College. This will include the deposit for the CAS.

You don't have to pay 50 per cent of your course fee in advance to obtain your place. The College will display the total amount that you have paid to us towards your tuition fees on your CAS. If you are unable to take up your studies, you will receive a refund of the amount you’ve paid minus the deposit (unless you qualify for a deposit refund under the terms outlined in the course deposits refund policy).  Further details on refunds can be found on our Admissions policy web page. 


Comment on this page

Did you find the information you were looking for? Is there a broken link or content that needs updating? Let us know so we can improve the page.

Note: If you need further information or have a question that cannot be satisfied by this page, please call our switchboard on +44 (0)1784 434455.

This window will close when you submit your comment.

Add Your Feedback