Undergraduate - International applicants
International applicants who require a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) letter are required to pay a deposit of £2,000 by 31 July 2017.
Postgraduate taught and research students
International applicants who need a CAS letter are required to pay a deposit of £2,000 by 31 July 2017.
In addition, applicants to the following programmes have to pay an early acceptance deposit of £1,000 (international) and £400 (Home/EU) by the deadline stated in their offer letter, in order to secure their place:
- MSc International Management
- MSc International Management (Marketing)
- MSc Petroleum Geosciences
- MSc Business Information Systems
- MA International Television Industries
- MA Producing Film and Television
Should the early acceptance deposit not be received by the deadline given in the offer letter, the application will be withdrawn.
Applicants who are being sponsored can negotiate an extension to the deposit deadline if they are unable to get a letter from their sponsor in time to meet the deadline. Please contact the Admissions team.
Where a student is having their tuition fees paid by a sponsor, the sponsor must provide a letter containing the following information:
- The name of the applicant.
- The name of the programme to be studied at Royal Holloway.
- The amount of the sponsorship i.e. the full course fee.
- The period of sponsorship i.e for how many years.
- The name and address or email address to which the invoice should be sent.
This letter should be received by the deposit deadline stated in the offer letter, where applicable.
It is strongly recommended that for the purposes of securing a Tier 4 student visa, you pay 50 per cent of your tuition fee as a first payment to the College. This will include the deposit for the CAS.
You don't have to pay 50 per cent of your course fee in advance to obtain your place, but if you do, the College can ensure the total amount paid is reported on the required CAS letter rather than just the deposit. If you are unable to take up your studies, you will receive a refund of the amount you’ve paid minus the deposit (unless you qualify for a deposit refund under the terms outlined in the course deposits refund policy). Further details on refunds can be found on our Admissions policy web page.