From eating out and shopping to enjoying the arts or seeking adventure, there's a wealth of opportunity on your doorstep at Royal Holloway.
There's plenty of fun to be had when you're not studying. Central London is just 40 minutes away by train while one of the country's biggest theme parks, Thorpe Park, is just 4.5 miles away. There's also plenty of choice in shopping and restaurants in the many local towns including Windsor, Staines, Reading and Kingston.
- Cinemas - Vue in Staines, and the newly-opened Everyman in Egham (discounted tickets available for students)
- Theatres - Richmond, Windsor, Woking and London’s West End
- Department stores and popular fashion chains - Staines, Windsor, Richmond, Kingston, Reading and Bracknell
- Easy access to shopping in Central London, including Oxford street and Westfield shopping centres
Places to eat
- Egham and Englefield Green - independent restaurants and pubs
- Windsor and Richmond - riverside pubs, restaurants and cafés
- Staines, Reading and Bracknell - popular chains, including Nando’s and Wagamama