From eating out and shopping to enjoying the arts or seeking adventure, there's a wealth of opportunity on your doorstep at Royal Holloway.
There's plenty of fun to be had when you're not studying. Central London is just 40 minutes away by train while one of the country's biggest theme parks, Thorpe Park, is just 4.5 miles away. There's also plenty of choice in shopping and restaurants in the many local towns including Windsor, Staines, Reading and Kingston. And if you're a Harry Potter fan, you can take a short trip to see behind the magic at the Warner Brother Studios, Watford.
Here are some ideas of places to visit:
- Cinemas – Staines-upon-Thames and Richmond
- Theatres – Richmond, Windsor and London’s West End
- Egham Orbit Leisure Centre
- Independent shops and popular chains, Windsor
- Department stores, Kingston and Reading
- Popular fashion stores, including Primark and H&M, Staines-upon-Thames
- Independent restaurants, Egham and Englefield Green
- Riverside pubs and cafes – Windsor and Richmond
- Popular chains, including Nando’s and Wagamama, Staines-upon-Thames