Super Science Saturday
1 March 2014, 10am – 4pm
Exploring science found in stories; from children’s fairy tales to classic novels and films for big kids. A fun day out for all, book lovers and science fans alike!
Royal Holloway invites you to be inspired by the wonder of science and experience some of our world-changing research first hand. Free activities for all ages with talks, demonstrations and hands on displays from our science departments and festival partners.
· Real Life Sea Monsters - the Natural History Museum
· The Most Disgusting Story Ever Told - the Science Museum
· Animal Kingdom – Eton Natural History Museum
· Swallows and Amazons – Weald and Downland Open Air Museum
· Interactive shows and fun workshops from the Science Alternative Village Fete
· Arts Alive at Royal Holloway Picture Gallery
Themed activities run by the Science Faculty:
Harry Potter: Wizardry and adventures at the School of Biological Sciences
Meet the Incredibles: Test your Superhero skills with the Department of Psychology
I, Robot: ideas towards intelligent robots with the Department of Computer Science
Welcome to the Real Ice Age - an exploration led by the Department of Geography
Dynamic planet! Follow the fossil trail from the Department of Earth Sciences
Alice’s World of Wonder: Beautiful shapes, odd puzzles, codes and ciphers
from the Department of Mathematics and Information Security Group
Back to the Future: Time travel and a levitating model DeLorean at the Department of Physics.