The course has close links with broadcasters, production companies, marketing/distribution companies and high profile professionals.
The course has an informal association with the MA Filmmaking Course at the London Film School (LFS). Student producers will have the opportunity to enter into collaboration with the LFS MA Filmmakers with a view to producing the LFS graduation films in the Summer Term.
Work placements and internships are encouraged while advice and support is given to students in obtaining placements. Students have found placements with the following organisations:
- Disney studios
- Heyday Films
- Element Pictures
- West End Films
- Company Pictures
- Sony Music
This course is led by Gillian Gordon who is an award winning producer with thirty years’ experience in all aspects of Film and small screen production. She teaches ‘Producing Workshop’.
Regularly contributing to the course is Professor Jonathan Powell. A former Controller of BBC1, Head of Drama for the BBC and Controller of Drama at Carlton TV, he is one of this country’s most respected and experienced drama producers now delivers the ‘Role of the Producer’ and ‘Script Development’ lectures as well as providing support and advice for students on the course.
The guiding force behind the course was Tony Garnett (producer of Cathy Come Home and This Life), whose company World Productions built up a reputation for challenging and innovative drama. Tony helped design the course and has played a great part in the course’s success
The course is indebted to a large number of leading film and TV industry contributors including:
- Mike Figgis ( Director)
- Simon Oakes (Hammer Films)
- Uberto Paslolini (Producer/Director)
- Paul Sarony (Line Producer)
- Stephen Smallwood (Producer)
- Nicholas Martin (Writer)
- Angus Finney ( Film Finance)
- Finola Kerrigan (Marketing)
- Craig Dickson (Lawyer – Curtis Brown)
- Charles Elton (Executive Producer)
- Nicole Mackey (Senior Vice-President, International Sales Fortissimo Films)
- Lee Magiday (Element Pictures)
- Liz Miller (Premiere PR)
- Kathleen McInnis ( Festival Strategist/Palm Springs Festival Curator)