The SCONUL Access scheme is the first portal of call if you need to use another university library. Royal Holloway participates in this scheme, which allows all categories of staff or students to use other university libraries (and for some users can include borrowing rights).
Application is online via the Get Access section of the SCONUL website:
- select which type of user you are (student, researcher staff, full-time, part-time, etc.)
- select Royal Holloway as your home institution
- click on 'Find'
- and then select an institution you wish to visit (from the map or from the list)
- In the dialog that opens, click the Apply for Access button.
- complete the Library Access Application Form
- the system then sends an email to RHUL Library Services to approve your access (confirm you are a current RHUL student or member of staff in good standing.)
- you will then receive an email from SCONUL to confirm you can access libraries in the SCONUL Access scheme. You need to apply only once.
NB - the application approach is not immediate and may take 2 working days to process, so please plan ahead when visiting other libraries.