If rooms in the university halls of residence are vacant, they can be offered to students for 'exam accommodation', during Term 3 (Sunday 27th April 2014 to Saturday 14th June 2014) only. Students may apply for a room for the whole of this time, or for any period within this time for a minimum of a week (7 days).
What to do next?
- You must have a submitted online application for accommodation for the current academic year. To do this please log onto Student Accommodation Online Services and submit an application.
- If you are applying now, please indicate in the 'Any Other Information' box that you are applying for Exam Accommodation and provide the exact start and end date required (please note that on the 'start date' you will be able to access the room from 2pm, and on the 'end date' you will be required to vacate the room by 10am). Alternatively, please provide an approximation of the period you would like to stay, noting this is to be confirmed when the Exam Timetable is published. You must stay for a minimum of 7 nights.
- Once you have submitted your application you will need to email us with your name, your student ID number, and a contact telephone number. We will advise you as to the availability of halls for the dates you require.
- If we can allocate a room to you, we will contact you by telephone or email regarding the room available.
- You will have to pay the full rent for the period booked in advance. Please be aware that this sum is non-refundable. Payment can be made in the following ways
- by card via epay (please send us a screen shot of the payment confirmation page to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- by card at the Student Services Centre in the Windsor Building
- After you have made payment we will generate a contract for you which you will need to accept online.
Important information regarding allocations
- Priority will be given to applications for the whole of Term 3.
- Secondly, applications which are received at least the week before the end of term 2 and are for a minimum of 4 weeks will be processed.
- Finally, applications for shorter periods will be processed, in order of receipt.
PLEASE NOTE that Student Accommodation cannot guarantee availability or a choice of halls and allocation, however we shall endeavour to accommodate your request and preferences.
Make your application for student accommodation online