- capable of accurate number calculations/forecasts/estimates - using statistics, percentages, ratio, estimates and formulae
- ability to interpret/analyse figures and statistical information
- presenting numerical information logically to others
- managing a budget
Numerical tests form part of many recruitment processes. The level of the test will depend on the job and how important the skills are to it. An Investment House will look for higher numeracy skills than some HR roles.
If you feel you are weak at mathematics then it is worth spending time improving them. It may just be that you have forgotten some GCSE maths over the years!
Improving your numeracy skills
- Use online tests (both timed and not) to gauge your ability
- Take a basic maths course at a local adult education provider (e.g. Strodes)
- Take up strategy games - e.g. chess or sudoku