HRH The Princess Royal visited to open the new International Building and mark the bicentenary of the birth of Thomas Holloway.
The year 2000 was one of celebrations to pay tribute to our founder’s vision and entrepreneurial spirit.
Gowar and Wedderburn Halls were opened by the Chancellor, HRH The Princess Royal.
The ceremony was attended by former principals Professor Norman Gowar and Professor Dorothy Wedderburn.
The buildings incorporated 570 top-quality study bedrooms with sedum planted ‘living roofs’ and numerous other environmentally-friendly features. The accommodation includes the Korea University Sang II Lee Hall.
Butler, Tuke and Williamson Halls of Residence were opened by the Chancellor, HRH The Princess Royal.
The halls were named after former principals Professor Dame Marjorie Williamson (1962-73), Dr Lionel Butler (1973-1981) and Dame Margaret Tuke (Bedford College Principal from 1907-1929).
This continued the tradition of paying tribute to significant figures in the College’s history by naming buildings after them. HRH The Princess Royal toured the development, and visited study bedrooms, the refurbished dining facilities and the guest accommodation at ‘The Hub'.
HRH The Princess Royal visited Royal Holloway to mark the celebrations of the Silver Jubilee of the merger and the 125th anniversary of the founding of Royal Holloway College.
On 14 March, Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh visited Royal Holloway to take part in a ceremony to celebrate the first ever Regius Professorship of Music. The Regius Professorship was awarded to the Department of Music to mark The Queen's Diamond Jubilee in 2013. You can see images from our most recent royal visit on our Royal connections web page.