We use cookies on this site. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Close this message Find out more

More in this section Information for current students

Asking for help

Visit the staff directory for a list of which staff are responsible for the main administrative tasks in the School. For most routine matters connected with the teaching of individual courses, you should contact the Course Tutor(s).

Personal issues

For matters connected with you – personal problems, major or minor – such as settling in and general work-related difficulties, your Personal Adviser is on hand to help. S/He will have office hours listed on their door: drop in then or make an appointment by email.

Courses and timetables

Choosing courses and filling in registration forms at the beginning of term can be confusing. For help with these matters contact the Academic Co-ordinator in your Department. Your registration forms MUST be signed off by the Academic Co-ordinator.

Occasionally, you may encounter problems with your timetable before the start of term, such as classes clashing. If this happens, ask the Academic Co-ordinator in your department or one of our administrators. We will try to solve as many problems as we can but you should be aware that some clashes simply cannot be resolved.

Library and exam matters

There is someone in each Department responsible for library matters (e.g. availability of books, or placing books on short loan) – they may also refer you to a member of the library staff responsible for Reader Services.

All issues connected with the Year Abroad should be addressed to the named person in your Department or to Helen Thomas in the School's Office.

Examination matters are dealt with centrally. For all major queries (including health issues, personal problems at exam time and glitches that might occur in the system), please approach the Chair of the Sub-Board of Examiners named on the list (by email or in by letter).

If you have a formal complaint about an aspect of the School or a member of staff, please contact the Head of School directly. He may refer you to the Head of your Department. The Head of School is responsible for all disciplinary matters, including plagiarism (which he delegates to the Deputy Head of School). 


Comment on this page

Did you find the information you were looking for? Is there a broken link or content that needs updating? Let us know so we can improve the page.

Note: If you need further information or have a question that cannot be satisfied by this page, please call our switchboard on +44 (0)1784 434455.

This window will close when you submit your comment.

Add Your Feedback