Skip to main content



สวัสดี! We have been welcoming Thai students for years, with more than 60 students from Thailand currently studying at Royal Holloway.

We regularly visit Thailand to meet students interested in applying for Royal Holloway, as well as visiting schools and attending events and exhibitions.

If you have any questions about applying for, or studying at, Royal Holloway you can contact the International team today, or meet us at one of our upcoming events in Thailand

The qualifications we accept

Applicants to Royal Holloway come from a diverse range of backgrounds and we accept a broad range of qualifications to our courses. Each applicant is considered carefully on their individual merits, but please see below for the standard minimum entry requirements for students from Thailand.

Upper Secondary School Certificate (Mathayom VI or Maw 6)

If you have completed the Upper Secondary School Certificate in Thailand you will need to take our one year International Foundation Year or International Year One programme, or the equivalent from another institution, before beginning your undergraduate studies.

A Levels & International Baccalaureate (IB)

If you have taken A levels or the IB, you will be considered for direct entry onto our undergraduate programmes. For specific required grades, find your course today.

Bachelor's Degree

If you have finished the first year of a Bachelor's degree in Thailand, and your grades are good, then you may be considered for direct entry to the first year of a Bachelor's degree programme.

University preparation programmes

The Royal Holloway International Study Centre provides an International Foundation Year and International Year One programme, which are designed for international students who do not quite meet the requirements for an undergraduate course. These programmes will help to develop your academic and English language skills in preparation for university. Upon successful completion, you can progress to degree level study at Royal Holloway, University of London.

Master's Degree

If you have a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate subject, and you have good grades/GPA, then you will be considered for entry to a Master's degree at Royal Holloway. Exact requirements will depend upon the programme, but departments will usually ask for a minimum GPA of either 2.8 or 3.2/4.0.

Research Degree (MPhil/PhD)

If you have a Masters degree in an appropriate subject, with good grades/GPA, you will be considered for entry to a research degree at Royal Holloway. Exact requirements will depend upon the programme you are applying for and the university you have graduated from, but most departments ask for a minimum GPA of at least 2.8-3.0/4.0.

To apply to any of our courses, you need to prove a minimum level of English language proficiency.

Students who do not quite make the English language requirements may be able to take a pre-sessional English language programme.

Undergraduate students applications are made online via UCAS

Postgraduate students apply directly via the Royal Holloway website. For information on when and how to apply, visit the Studying Here section of the Royal Holloway website.

For our International Foundation Year, Pre-Masters Programme, or any other university preparation courses, visit the International Study Centre website to apply.

To apply for a Research Degree (MPhil/PhD), visit our dedicated webpage for applying for a PhD.

We offer a wide range of scholarships for eligible international students to apply for.

For information about eligibility, deadlines and how to apply, discover our range of undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships.

If you are considering postgraduate study at Royal Holloway, you may also be eligible for external funding. We also accept sponsored students.

There is a close-knit Southeast Asian community on campus at Royal Holloway. Our Southeast Asian Society (SEASOC) builds upon the foundation of integrating international students into the UK environment, and provides a place for all individuals to share their love of Southeast Asian cultures in a warm and welcoming environment.

Visit the SEASOC Facebook page to get in touch, or visit the Student Union website.

To find out when we will next be visiting, attending, or hosting an event in Thailand, see our list of upcoming events.

We work with a number of agents throughout Thailand who can help you with your application, as well as visa processing.

British Council In Thailand provides comprehensive advice on many aspects of studying in Britain.

Royal Thai Embassy in London.

UKCISA promotes and protects the needs of international students in the UK.

Find out more about Royal Holloway

Explore Royal Holloway

Get help paying for your studies at Royal Holloway through a range of scholarships and bursaries.

There are lots of exciting ways to get involved at Royal Holloway. Discover new interests and enjoy existing ones

Heading to university is exciting. Finding the right place to live will get you off to a good start

Whether you need support with your health or practical advice on budgeting or finding part-time work, we can help

Discover more about our 21 departments and schools

Find out why Royal Holloway is in the top 25% of UK universities for research rated ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’

Royal Holloway is a research intensive university and our academics collaborate across disciplines to achieve excellence.

Discover world-class research at Royal Holloway

Discover more about who we are today, and our vision for the future

Royal Holloway began as two pioneering colleges for the education of women in the 19th century, and their spirit lives on today

We’ve played a role in thousands of careers, some of them particularly remarkable

Find about our decision-making processes and the people who lead and manage Royal Holloway today