We are one of the largest providers of continuous postgraduate social work training in the South East and also offer the undergraduate course BSc Social Science. As part of the School of Law and Social Sciences, our research and teaching derives from the key objective of ensuring that contemporary social work, health and social care policy, and practice can be informed at every level by a sound knowledge and value base.
We are committed to developing critically-reflective practitioners who can provide effective social work provision for the most vulnerable in our society within an anti-oppressive framework. We undertake a wide variety of commissioned research in the national and international social work and health arena, which underpins our taught courses.
- Strong partnerships across London offering a great variety of placements in all settings
- Attracts a diverse student group
- Qualified social work academic teaching staff
- Teaching informed by our research
- Taught at our London campus (postgraduate courses only)
- High level of employability within six months of qualification
- A solid grounding in integrating social work theory to practice
Our supportive learning environment receives excellent feedback from students, many of whom return to continue their advanced training and research.
Social work admissions has moved to an online process. We welcome your application, please continue to apply via UCAS or Royal Holloway Direct. For more information see here:
See our MSc Social Work Flyer
See a full list of the courses on offer here.