Our Masters programmes are designed to enhance your critical understanding of psychological theories and the appropriate evidence base as well as your skills in research and critical thinking.
You will receive training in the scientist-practitioner model and build a conceptual foundation and core skills for training as an applied psychologist. You'll also benefit from:
- A supportive learning environment. You'll be taught by a very strong and enthusiastic team of academics. Our students receive individual attention, if required, from both academic tutors and administrative staff, who provide excellent pastoral and academic support.
- Each programme is taught by a dynamic group of world-class psychologists whose expertise spans a broad range of research areas and interests. We aim to provide high quality supervision and teaching and consider our Masters students an integral part of our research community.
- A strong research culture informs our teaching. We are ranked sixth for research outputs in the UK (REF 2014).
- Our postgraduate students make a valued contribution to the research culture of our department and are actively encouraged to attend research events organised by the department in the areas of Health and Wellbeing, Language, Memory and Attention, Perception, Action and Decision Making, and Social and Affective Processes.
There are excellent facilities for undertaking research, with state-of-the-art facilities available including social observation labs, a developmental studies centre, MRI, a mind, body and action research lab and cognitive behavioural testing suites.
- Our graduates are highly employable, including careers in human relations and organisational psychology and consultancy. Our graduates are working for organisations such as community associations, NGO’s, organisational psychology firms and consultancy firms.
- We have strong links with NHS hospitals and medical schools, as well as Government, industrial and charitable organisations.
- The department welcomes applications from suitably qualified graduates for any of our MSc courses.
Applied Social Psychology