This scholarship is offered as a tuition fee reduction of £3,500 per year for the first three years of study to a UK student of restricted means with outstanding academic potential and studying one of the degree courses listed below.
Am I eligible?
This scholarship is open to UK students with expected or final grades at GCE A-Level of AAA or equivalent and a strong personal statement.
You should also have a family income of less than £25,000 as verified by the Student Loans Company (SLC). You will need to confirm on your scholarship statement that you have applied or intend to apply for Student Finance. You will also need to give permission to the SLC to share your household income information and details of your maintenance loan application with Royal Holloway.
You must be studying for one of the following courses:
- BA English
- BA English and Drama
- BA English and Latin
- BA English and History
- BA English and Philosophy
- BA English with Philosophy
- BA Music and English
- BA English and Film Studies
- BA English and Creative Writing
- BA English and Classical Studies
- BA English and American Literature
- BA English and Digital Arts
- BA Modern Languages and English
- BA Comparative Literature and Culture and English
- BA American Literature and Creative Writing
- BA Drama and Creative Writing
- BA History
- BA History and Music
- BA History and Philosophy
- BA Modern and Contemporary History
- BA History, Politics and International Relations
- BA Modern and Contemporary History with an International Year
- BA History, Politics and International Relations with an International Year
- BA Ancient and Medieval History
- BA Modern Languages and History
- BA Ancient History
- BA Ancient History and Philosophy
- BA Ancient History with Philosophy
- BA Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
- BA Modern Languages and History of Art and Visual Culture
- BA Modern Languages with History of Art and Visual Culture
- BA Translation Studies and History of Art and Visual Culture
- BA Translation Studies with History of Art and Visual Culture
- BA History of Art and Visual Culture and Comparative Literature and Culture
- BA Translation Studies and History of Art and Visual Culture (with a year abroad)
- BA Translation Studies with History of Art and Visual Culture (with a year abroad)
How do I apply?
Applications for the 2021/2022 academic year have now closed.
You will need to write a scholarship statement of no more than 400 words, which should include:
- academic achievements you are particularly proud of and why these really matter to you
- why you have chosen to do the degree you have applied for
- what your future aspirations are and how the scholarship will help you to achieve your future goals.
- that you have applied/or intend to apply for Student Finance
- that your household income is less than £25,000
Terms and conditions
The scholarship is available as a tuition fee reduction for the first three years of study, unless you spend a year abroad or on an industrial placement. In such cases, the tuition fee reduction will be applied in year four, instead of year three.
If you are on a four-year course, with no industrial placement, or a five-year course with an industrial placement, the scholarship will be paid in the first three years of the degree course only.
Read our full terms and conditions.