Five scholarships are available for new undergraduate students studying for a single or joint honours degree in the Department of English (see the full list of eligible courses below).
The scholarship is a £5,000 cash award (payable over three years) and is available to students with Home, EU or international fee status.
Am I eligible?
You must have achieved, or be expected to achieve, GCE A-Level of AAA or equivalent and be applying to study one of the following degree courses:
- BA English
- BA English and Drama
- BA English and Philosophy
- BA English and Latin
- BA English and History
- BA English with Philosophy
- BA Music and English
- BA English and Film Studies
- BA English and Classical Studies
- BA English and American Literature
- BA English and Creative Writing
- BA Modern Languages and English
- BA Comparative Literature and Culture and English
- BA American Literature and Creative Writing
- BA Drama and Creative Writing
You must also hold a current conditional or unconditional offer to study at Royal Holloway.
How do I apply?
You must apply via Royal Holloway Direct
In light of the current circumstances and the recent announcement that UCAS are extending their deadlines for entry 2020, we have decided to extend our undergraduate scholarship deadline to Friday 17 April 2020 11.59pm BST.
You will hear the outcome of your application from Monday 4 May 2020.
Thank you to all those who have applied so far. If you have any queries please email email@example.com
Please provide a supporting statement of no longer than 400 words, which should include:
- academic achievements you are particularly proud of and why these really matter to you
- why you have chosen to do the degree you have applied for
- what your future aspirations are and how the scholarship will help you to achieve your future goals
Your statement will be judged on how effectively and convincingly you respond to the above.
Terms and conditions
You need to achieve an average academic grade of at least 60 per cent, each year, in order to keep receiving the scholarship.
Read our full terms and conditions.