Tuition fee reduction of £8,100 for students with a financial need.
One scholarship is available for a new full-time or part-time student with Home or International fee status studying for a first taught Masters degree within one of the academic departments listed below.
Am I eligible?
- Offer to study a taught Masters course within:
- Department of Classics
- Department of Earth Sciences
- Department of Economics
- Department of English
- Department of Geography
- Department of Health Studies
- Department of History
- Department of Law and Criminology
- Department of Politics, International Relations and Philosophy
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Social Work
- Achieved, or on target to achieve, a First Class Honours degree or equivalent
- Able to demonstrate financial need (i.e. unable to undertake further study without the financial support of the scholarship)
- Studying for first Masters degree.
How do I apply?
Use our applicant portal to apply. The deadline is 11.59pm (UK time) on Friday 14 June 2024.
Read the application guidelines below to make sure you include everything you need.
We'll let you know from Monday 8 July 2024 if you've been successful.
You must provide a supporting statement of no more than 400 words, which should include:
- Academic achievements you are particularly proud of and why these really matter to you.
- Why you have chosen to do the degree you have applied for.
- What your future aspirations are and how the scholarship will help you to achieve your future goals.
- From a financial standpoint, what impact this scholarship would have on your education and special personal or family circumstances affecting your need for financial assistance.
- Evidence of enthusiastic and authentic spirit of enquiry indicating clearly how this scholarship would help you share and advance knowledge of future generations.
Your statement will be judged on how effectively and convincingly you respond to the above.
Applications which exceed the word count will automatically be rejected.