Cash award of £10,000 for Masters in English
Two scholarships are available for full or part-time postgraduate students with Home or International fee status studying a taught Masters in the Department of English.
Am I eligible?
- Home or International fee status
- Offer to study one of the following courses:
- MA Creative Writing
- MA English Literature
- MA Victorian Literature, Art and Culture
- MA Medieval Studies
- Achieved, or be expected to achieve, at least a 2:1 degree or equivalent.
How do I apply?
You must submit your application via RH Direct.
You will need to write a statement explaining why you think you should be awarded the scholarship. Read the guidelines below for information on what you must include in your application.
The deadline for applications is 3 July, 2023, We will let you know the outcome of your application from 24 July, 2023.
You must provide a supporting statement of no more than 400 words which should include:
- academic achievements you are particularly proud of and why these really matter to you
- why have you chosen to do the degree you have applied for
- what are your future aspirations and how will help you to achieve your future goals.
Your application will be scored based on how effectively your statement answers the above.
Applications which exceed the word count will automatically be rejected.
As well as your statement, you will need to upload your most recent grades transcript from your undergraduate degree. Any applications that are submitted without an uploaded transcript will be rejected.