The scholarship is offered as a full tuition fee reduction to one full-time student from Iran studying for one of the degrees listed below.
Am I eligible?
You must be a full-time student from Iran who is applying for one of the following degrees.
- MSc Physics by Research
- MSc Information Security
- MSc Electronic Engineering by Research
- MSc Mathematics for Applications
- MSc Mathematics of Cryptograph and Communications
- MSc Engineering Management
- MSc Computer Science by Research
- MSc Petroleum Geoscience
- MSc Finance
- MSc Corporate Finance
- MSc Accounting and Financial Management
You are expected to have achieved, or be on target to achieve, a First Class Honours degree or equivalent.
How do I apply?
You must apply via our online system Royal Holloway Direct, where you will be able to complete your statement and upload any required documents including your grades transcript.
The deadline for applications is 1 July 2021.
You must provide a supporting statement of no longer than 400 words which includes:
- a brief summary of your background and academic achievements you are particularly proud of
- why have you chosen to do the degree you have applied for
- what your future aspirations are and how the scholarship will help you to achieve your future goals.
Your statement will be judged on how effectively and convincingly you respond to the above.
We will also ask to see a copy of your Iranian ID (if this has not already been submitted during your application for your degree course).
You will also need to ensure you have provided transcripts of your most recent qualifications before the scholarship application deadline.
Terms and conditions
The scholarship is only eligible for one year courses – courses with a year in industry will not be eligible.
The actual amount awarded will depend on the fees of the course being studied.
Recipients of the Katayoon Behboodi Scholarship will not be eligible for other tuition fee discounts, including the alumni discount.
Read our full terms and conditions.