Clearing and adjustment
We have places available for September 2018, with guaranteed accommodation for Clearing applicants.*
If you don’t achieve the grades you needed for your university offer, or you’ve made a late decision to study at a UK university, Clearing can help you find a place on an undergraduate course starting in September 2018.
How can I apply through Clearing?
You can go through Clearing if you’ve already applied to UCAS this year.
At least one of the following must be true:
- You didn’t receive any offers.
- You didn’t get the required grades and your offers have not been confirmed.
- You declined all your offers.
- You didn’t accept your offers by the due date.
- You applied after the deadline of 30 June so are automatically entered into Clearing.
Clearing at Royal Holloway
If you have your results already, get in touch with one of our team on +44 (0)1784 772455.
We’ll talk you through the places available at our top 30 UK university** and what we might be able to offer you.
Once we’ve made you an offer we’ll let you know how to apply for accommodation online.
Course vacancy alert
We will release our course vacancies available through clearing prior to A-Level results day. Be the first to know - complete this form to receive an SMS from us when the vacancies are live.
*Terms and conditions apply
**Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
Call our adjustment hotline +44 (0)1784 772 455
Adjustment to Royal Holloway
Congratulations, you’ve done better than you thought in your exams and you’re looking to move to Royal Holloway. As long as you have an unconditional firm (UF) offer in place from another university, you can get in touch with us to discuss your options.
Once you have an UF offer, you’ll have five days to register for an alternative place. After five days, if you’ve been unsuccessful through Adjustment, then you simply go back to your original choice.
It is worth remembering that you are only able to make one change to your firm choice through the adjustment process. After that you will need to be released into the clearing process, foregoing your previous firm offer.
Call us on +44 (0)1784 772 455 and speak to our adjustment team. We’ll talk you through all the possibilities open to you.
Am I eligible?
Firstly, you need to have exceeded the conditions of your firm offer. This may depend on the specific wording of your conditional offer, so it’s worth checking the details.
Things to consider
We’re happy to welcome students to Royal Holloway at any stage in the process. Before you make the move:
- It’s worth visiting our campus to get a better feel for what’s on offer at Royal Holloway.
- You can find out more in the Student Life section.
- Have a look at what accommodation we have available.
- You can only adjust once before having to go into clearing.
- Have you made any contractual agreements at your firm choice university?
- You’ll need to reapply for any scholarships you may have had with your firm choice.
- You’ll have to amend your Student Loans Company application.