We’re one of the most respected centres for Physics teaching and research in the UK, ranked in the top 5 by the Guardian 2018 League Table.
MSc Physics (Euromasters)
- Two year Msc in any research area
- Part of the South East Physics Network Partnership
- First year consists of mainly taught courses from the list in the fourth tab.
- Second research years can be at Royal Holloway or the Universities of Kent, Queen Mary, Southampton, Surrey or Sussex.
Master of Research (MRes) in Physics
- One-year Msc available in any research area
- 75%: major project in one of the research areas of the Department
- 25% : three closely related lecture courses from the list in the third tab.
MSc Physics by Research
- One year MSc Available in any research area.
- 100% extended research project
Many students take this degree in order to get a taste of research without an initial commitment to a three-year PhD. However approximately 50 per cent follow on with a PhD. The Msc in Physics Research may also be taken by those qualified to BSc level who desire to progress to doctoral studies.