We’re one of the most respected centres for Physics teaching and research in the UK, ranked tenth in the 2022 UK Guardian league table.
MSc Physics by Research
- One year MSc Available in any research area
- 100% extended research project
Many students take this degree in order to get a taste of research without an initial commitment to a three-year PhD. However approximately 50 per cent follow on with a PhD. The MSc in Physics Research may also be taken by those qualified to BSc level who desire to progress to doctoral studies.
Although MSc by Research is available in any research area we are also offering a one year
MSc Physics by Research: Physics and the Climate
- Use Met Office datasets with Machine Learning (ML) algorithms (python)
- Compare different datasets
- Look for evidence of climate change: compare ML methods with more conventional statistical methods
- Use ML to make predictions about climate data
- Use ML to learn more about UK climate and how it is evolving
- PH3040 (for Royal Holloway students)
- an interest in climate and atmospheric science
- an interest in computing
Please find more information on these courses and how to apply here.