A world-leading centre for geographical research and teaching.
Studying for a degree in Geography at Royal Holloway gives you access to excellent degree programmes in both human and physical geography, outstanding teaching, and strong pastoral and tutorial support, throughout your studies.
Along with our highly-rated degree programmes, we’ve also been classified as the 2nd best Geography Department in the UK for research excellence.
The department is home to over 400 undergraduate and 130 postgraduate students, making us one of the largest and most dynamic graduate schools in the country.
This is a friendly and welcoming place, where you will feel at home. You’ll also be inspired by great teaching from some of the leading lights in UK Geography.
We look forward to meeting you at one of our Open Days, and we hope that you’ll apply to join us here.
Why study here
- Outstanding student satisfaction ratings.
- Excellent range of fieldwork opportunities, including a free week-long fieldtrip to Spain in Year 1
- Single honours degrees accredited by the Royal Geographical Society (with the Institute of British Geographers).
- A friendly department with staff who take an active role in your well-being.
- Flexible degree programmes, allowing you to explore what interests you most.
- Content taught by staff researching at the cutting edge of their respective areas.
- Consistently ranked in the top tier in national research assessment exercises.
- Strong pastoral and student support system, held as an example of good practice.
- International recognition of our teaching and research.
- A safe and green campus with excellent links into London.
- A degree from the University of London, one of the most prestigious institutions in the world.