Environmental Sustainability is everybody’s responsibility at Royal Holloway
Our Environmental Sustainability Working Group coordinates and supports the implementation of our Environmental Sustainability Strategy across our operations and schools.
Led by Chair Professor Klaus Dodds, Executive Dean of the School of Life Sciences and the Environment and member of Royal Holloway’s Senior Leadership Team, and Deputy Chair Mark Berry, Head of Sustainability, the group ensures consistent reporting and a cohesive approach to core activities like communications and data management.
Membership extends to environmental sustainability Leads representing seven delivery themes and four supporting activities.
- Estates – Mike Berry, Director of Estates
- Green travel – Piers Long, Deputy Director of Estates (Projects)
- Commercial Services – Darren Coventry, Head of Catering
- Procurement – Mayele Yambila, Operational Procurement Manager
- IT Services – Ben Hawkey, Technical Architect
- Research & education – Professor Dell Olsen, Professor of Poetry and Poetics
- Living Studio – Jonathan Howe, Head of External Spaces
- Finance – Rachel Burgess, Head of Financial Control
- Strategic Planning – Gill Beech, Head of Strategy implementation & Anastasia Holley, Data Analyst
- Communications – Stephanie Irwin, Deputy Director of Marketing
- Students’ Union – Hannah Hockin, Students’ Union President
Reporting to the Senior Leadership Team and College Council is through the chair and deputy chair, and the University’s Vice Chancellor and Principal, Professor Julie Sanders, and Independent Council Member, Sarah King, are also accountable for Environmental Sustainability at their respective tiers of governance.