Get a glimpse of life at Royal Holloway, on one of our free Year 12 Summer University residentials.
Over the course of three days, you’ll enjoy in a range of activities, including subject taster sessions, meeting students and staff, and a varied social programme. You’ll even get to stay on campus in secure student accommodation.
Applications have now closed for the 2019 Summer University programmes.
Sciences Summer University
25-27 June 2019
Arts and Social Sciences Summer University
2 - 4 July 2019
During the residential, you’ll take part in a programme of academic workshops, as well as information and guidance sessions about university. You can choose between an arts and social sciences residential or a science-based residential. Our student ambassadors support these sessions, giving you real-life examples and tips about becoming a university student.
The residential will comprise of social events such as a BBQ, disco, quiz or film night, each evening. This gives you the chance to make new friends and get an insight into the social side of university life.
To apply for Summer University you must:
- Be in Year 12.
- Study A Level's or equivalent, predicted no lower than CCC (or equivalent).
- Have 5 GCSEs grades 9 - 4 (A* - C).
- Do not attend a fee-paying school.
- Have lived in the UK for at least three years.
You must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Both parents/guardians have no experience of higher education.
- You’re eligible for free school meals/ pupil premium or post-16 bursary funding at school or college.
- You’re disabled.
- You’re living, or have lived, in Local Authority Care.
- You live in an area where relatively few people go on to study at university.
- You are from a black or ethnic minority background.
- You are a carer.