You may have to register with the police as a condition of your visa. The requirement to register will usually be on your visa or Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).
Your BRP will generally say that you must "register with the police within seven days". In some cases, for example, if you have applied for a visa extension within the UK, it may say this in an accompanying letter.
You must also keep your Police Registration Certificate up to date by letting the police know of any relevant changes such as:
- New/extended visa
- New BRP card
- Change of programme of study
- Change of place of study
- Change of address
- Change of name
- New passport
- Getting married or divorced
Who needs to register?
Police registration is usually required for students from the following countries:
- North Korea
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
How to register
Police registration dates for new students:
23 November 2021 (fully booked) and 1 December 2021
If it is your first time registering with the police and you live on campus or in Surrey you can make an appointment by emailing InternationalAdvice@royalholloway.ac.uk.
Please note that if there are low numbers we may have to cancel police registration at short notice but we will let you know if this happens.
Print and fill out this form and bring the following to your appointment:
- Valid passport and BRP card
- Two passport-sized photographs of yourself (these can be obtained in Egham town centre e.g. Tesco)
- College card
- A fee of £34 cash or proof of payment
- Proof of your UK address - your accommodation contract, a bill or bank statement
- Photocopy of both sides of your BRP card, photocopy of the UK visa and the information (photo) page in your passport
If you live in London you will need to register at the Overseas Visitors Records Office.
If you need to update your police registration certificate please go to Staines Police Station. Please do not go in large groups.