Skip to main content

During your studies

Search Royal Holloway

During your studies

We are here to help you with visa and immigration issues that may arise during your studies.

Here you can find out about:

Extending your Tier 4 (General) visa

All you need to know about renewing or extending your Tier 4 (General) student visa.

Registering with the police

Information on how and where to register with the police - if this is a condition of your visa.

Working during your studies

How to comply with visa conditions if you want to work during your studies.

Doctorate extension scheme

Information on the scheme and how to apply (aimed at PhD students who are looking for work in UK after their PhD).

Travelling to Europe

If you want to travel to Europe during your studies, you may have to apply for a Schengen visa.

Explore Royal Holloway