Skip to main content

Health advice

Search Royal Holloway

Health advice

Here you can find advice on health certificates, vaccinations and what to do if you have a pre-existing medical or psychological condition.

Health certificates

You may need a health certificate before you can obtain a visa or be admitted to the UK. Find out when you make your visa enquiries.


We recommend that you have a Meningitis C vaccination before coming to the UK, if this is available in your home country. If it’s not, you can have the vaccination at our Health Centre if you’re aged under 25.

Pre-existing medical or psychological conditions

If you have a pre-existing medical or psychological condition, we recommend that you:

  • Consult your doctor about whether studying abroad is advisable for you and if so, how you can ensure your continued good health while in the UK.
  • Email our Disabilities and Dyslexia Support team before arriving to discuss the support you need.
  • Bring a briefing letter (in English) from your doctor outlining your medical history and listing in full the medication you are taking.
  • Bring a four-week supply of your medication so you have enough while you transfer to the UK health system.

More information on healthcare while living in the UK.

Student Services Centre

Our Student Services Centre can help with non-academic related enquiries eg college cards, enrolment and graduation.

Explore Royal Holloway