This scholarship is provided by Santander and is available in the first year of study to a UK student applying for any undergraduate degree course from a group under-represented in higher education (please see eligibility criteria below).
There are 31 scholarships available.
The scholarship is a £1,250 cash award provided in the first year of study.
Am I eligible?
Applicants will be eligible for a Santander Widening Access Scholarship if they are applying from an aspiring state school or college or if they live in an area that has a low rate of progression to higher education (according to POLAR4 data).
- You can check if your school is on our aspiring schools list here.
- To check your POLAR classification, you can visit the Office for Students website and enter your postcode. The number in the POLAR4 young participation quintile measure must be a 1 for your address to qualify.
You must also hold a current conditional or unconditional offer to study here.
How do I apply?
Scholarship applications for 2020 entry have now closed.
Please come back later this year for details of our 2021 entry scholarships.
Please provide a supporting statement of no longer than 400 words, which should include:
- academic achievements you are particularly proud of and why these really matter to you
- why you have chosen to do the degree you have applied for
- what your future aspirations are and how the scholarship will help you to achieve your future goals
Your statement will be judged on how effectively and convincingly you respond to the above.
Terms and conditions
We will check whether your postcode qualifies by using the home address you include on your UCAS application form.
The scholarship is awarded as a cash award of £1,250, paid in two instalments during your first year of study.
Read our terms and conditions.