Skip to main content


Adjustment to Royal Holloway

If you’ve done better than you expected in your exams and you’d like to come to Royal Holloway, you may be able to do this via Adjustment. As long as you have an unconditional firm (UF) offer in place from another university, you can get in touch with us to discuss your options.

Once you have an UF offer, you’ll have five days to register for an alternative place. After five days, if you’ve been unsuccessful through Adjustment, then you simply go back to your original choice.

It is worth remembering that you are only able to make one change to your firm choice through the Adjustment process. After that you will need to be released into the Clearing process, foregoing your previous firm offer.

Call us on +44 (0)1784 772455 and speak to our Adjustment team. We’ll talk you through all the possibilities open to you.

Am I eligible?

Firstly, you need to have exceeded the conditions of your firm offer. This may depend on the specific wording of your conditional offer, so it’s worth checking the details.

Find out more about Adjustment eligibility

Things to consider

We’re happy to welcome students to Royal Holloway at any stage in the process. Before you make the move:

  • It’s worth visiting our campus to get a better feel for what’s on offer at Royal Holloway
  • You can find out more in the Student Life section
  • Have a look at what accommodation we have available.
  • You can only adjust once before having to go into Clearing
  • Have you made any contractual agreements at your firm choice university?
  • You’ll need to reapply for any scholarships you may have had with your firm choice
  • You’ll have to amend your Student Loans Company application.

Explore Royal Holloway