We use cookies on this site. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Close this message Find out more

Home > Study here > Undergraduate > Academic support for undergraduate students
More in this section Undergraduate

Academic support for undergraduate students

Teaching and learningRoyal Holloway provides a supportive environment in which to undertake exciting, innovative and challenging study.

Academic skills support

Royal Holloway provides a range of academic skills support including access to an interactive e-learning module for self-directed study. 

This e-learning module lets you practise your writing, critical thinking, reading and note-making skills. You'll also learn about referencing and avoiding plagiarism. One-to-one support is also available for students with additional learning needs via our Disability and Dyslexia Services (ESO).

You can take part in subject-specific skills training within your department to boost your course marks as well as discipline-specific training. The College also offers writing consultations and workshops throughout the academic year.

Personal tutors

You'll be assigned a personal tutor to support you through the transition from sixth form/college to university life.

They will be available on a one-to-one basis to discuss and advise on academic and personal progress.

Academic English for international students

CeDAS offers a suite of courses specifically designed for international students whose first language is not English. By attending these courses you can pick up the skills and language you need to communicate successfully in your academic studies

Courses run in the autumn and spring terms and comprise either four weekly classes,or, for our longer courses, eight weekly classes. 

1:1 writing tutorials are also available. 

Counselling service

The Student Counselling Service runs weekly workshops on subjects such as exam stress, presentation skills, procrastination and assertiveness. 

Extra coaching sessions can be organised on request.

Student Services Centre

For all of your non-academic related queries, for example advice on fees and funding or information on what to do if you lose your College card, you can visit our Student Services Centre, which acts as a single point of contact for our students.


Comment on this page

Did you find the information you were looking for? Is there a broken link or content that needs updating? Let us know so we can improve the page.

Note: If you need further information or have a question that cannot be satisfied by this page, please call our switchboard on +44 (0)1784 434455.

This window will close when you submit your comment.

Add Your Feedback