We use cookies on this site. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Close this message Find out more

Home > Study here > Research degrees > Fees and funding
More in this section Fees and funding

Fees & funding for postgraduate research students

Before applying for a research degree, you need to consider how you’ll fund your studies. We charge an annual fee for all our postgraduate research degrees (this will vary depending on whether you’re a student living in the UK and Europe or applying from outside the EU). You’ll also have to factor in your living costs while you study.

A range of potential sources of funding exist for postgraduate research students, including studentships, maintenance awards and scholarships as well as research council funding. 

We want your time at Royal Holloway to be as stress-free as possible when it comes to your finances so why not visit our Student Finance and Funding Office for advice on budgeting, debt management and hardship funds to ensure money worries don’t get in the way of your studies?

Tuition fees


Sources of funding

Postgraduate research degrees


Find an expert


Comment on this page

Did you find the information you were looking for? Is there a broken link or content that needs updating? Let us know so we can improve the page.

Note: If you need further information or have a question that cannot be satisfied by this page, please call our switchboard on +44 (0)1784 434455.

This window will close when you submit your comment.

Add Your Feedback