We use cookies on this site. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Close this message Find out more

Home > Study here home > Accommodation > Help – where can I find help, information and advice?
More in this section FAQ items - students

Help – where can I find help, information and advice?

Help – where can I find help, information and advice?

Here is a list of the offices/organisations you can contact for help, and the kind of matters they can assist you with:

Student Accommodation

Email: studentaccommodation@rhul.ac.uk  

Telephone: 01784 44 3338

How they can help: Help with HouseSearch, Recording and responding to complaints against landlords, Help finding a house, house-hunting and finding a housemate


Students' Union: Student Advice & Support Centre

Contact: Tina Rainer / Co-President for Education & Welfare

Email: tina@su.rhul.ac.uk / vpedwelfare@su.rhul.ac.uk

Website: Student Advice Centre

Telephone: 01784 276 700

Open: 10am – 5pm, Monday - Friday

How they can help: Proactively contacting landlords and agents, Petitioning on behalf of students, Contract advice, Confidential advice and information, Mediators for resolution


Runnymede Borough Council

Contact: Kuda Magorimbo / Philip McDonald

Email: privatesectorhousing@runnymede.gov.uk

Website: Runnymede Borough Council

Telephone: 01932 425 886 / 01932 425 888

How they can help: Advice about general housing problems and legal issues, Free property inspections, Information about property and tenancy legislation, Full information and advice about Accreditation


Citizens Advice Bureau

Website: www.citizensadvice.org.uk

National Helpline: 08444 111 444

Local Branch Website: Runnymede & Spelthorne Citizens Advice Bureau 

How they can help: Helpline, Advice by appointment, Legal advice and support service, Free and confidential advice


University of London Housing Services

Website: University of London Housing Services

Email: housing@london.ac.uk

Telephone: 020 7862 8880

How they can help: Advice and support about private housing, Free and confidential advice, Able to check contracts and clauses, Help finding housing in Greater London.



Comment on this page

Did you find the information you were looking for? Is there a broken link or content that needs updating? Let us know so we can improve the page.

Note: If you need further information or have a question that cannot be satisfied by this page, please call our switchboard on +44 (0)1784 434455.

This window will close when you submit your comment.

Add Your Feedback