We use cookies on this site. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Close this message Find out more

More in this section How to apply

New postgraduates


When can I apply?


If you accept your offer to study at Royal Holloway, on a full‐time programme, you will receive an invitation by email to apply for accommodation. The application window opens from Wednesday 21 March to Wednesday 6 June 2018


If you've accepted an offer to study at Royal Holloway on a full-time postgraduate programme in 2017/18, you can apply for accommodation.  

Submitting an application

You can submit your application for accommodation via the online accommodation system. You'll need to register on the system before you can make an application.

Frequently asked questions

How is my room allocated?

For more information about the allocation process, please visit our Room Allocation webpage.

How do I choose which Hall is best for me?  

If you are struggling to decide which bands should be at the top of your preferences, take a look at our guidance below.


If price is important to you we recommend you take a look at the Halls of Residence fees online before selecting your preferences. If you’re looking for the cheapest accommodation, Band W might be best for you.


All our Halls of Residence for postgraduates are self-catered, this means that you’ll have access to a shared kitchen where you can cook your own meals. This doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy a meal in the food outlets on campus as well, if you need a break from cooking!

Bathroom facilities

You can choose en-suite facilities which means you’ll have access to your own toilet, sink and shower or shared facilities, which means you'll share a bathroom with students in your flat or house.

For a quick breakdown on which bands have shared or en-suite bathroom facilities, please see the Halls of Residence fees information. 

Medical priority

If you have a medical condition or disability that means you need to live in Halls of Residence, you’ll have to register with the Disability and Dyslexia Services team as well as submitting an application for accommodation before the application window closes. If you’re assessed as needing priority by our Disability and Dyslexia Services team, you’ll be allocated a room (subject to availability) based on the assessment of your needs.

For full information about the facilities of all our Halls of Residence, visit our Living in Halls webpages.

Is accommodation in London available through the College?  

Yes, Royal Holloway has a small number of rooms in Intercollegiate Halls of Residence in central London and these are available to our postgraduate students. Further information including an application form are available online.


Accommodation is guaranteed for all new postgraduates joining us in September 2017.


Apply for accommodation

Can't find what you're looking for?


Comment on this page

Did you find the information you were looking for? Is there a broken link or content that needs updating? Let us know so we can improve the page.

Note: If you need further information or have a question that cannot be satisfied by this page, please call our switchboard on +44 (0)1784 434455.

This window will close when you submit your comment.

Add Your Feedback